Well, it's been over four months now since I've last written and almost just as long since I set foot once again on U.S. soil. I wasn't quite sure if I would continue this blog - after most trips, I would write a final post wrapping up my experiences and then never look back. I had done this for the most part with my last post on here, but I feel like this blog is one that needs continuing...
Two days ago I finally finished going through the last of my Germany photos. Even though I've had all the time in the world to do so since returning, I've been putting it off. I think I felt that if I were to actually finish them it would be like I was choosing to close that chapter in my life. But the beautiful thing is that this chapter isn't closing; it's just a book being put back on the shelf for awhile. For the record, there's not a day that goes by that I don't miss Germany in some way. The people and the country hold such a special place in my heart - they always will. As I looked back through my photos and through my memories, my excitement and anticipation for what's to come was reignited once again.
If you're interested in taking a look at the photos from my last two weeks in Europe with my mom and aunt, click here (there are far too many to try to post on this site). You'll see pictures from the Rhineland, Bavaria, the Swiss Alps, France/Alsace, castles and medieval villages. If you'd like a look at all the other photos I took while serving in Germany (Black Forest, Switzerland, France, Köln), click here.
Annnd one more thing... if you have time, check out GemStone Media's latest video "The Voice". It's a compelling and encouraging story about how the Lord has redeemed and is now using a Bulgarian artist/evangelist's life in a huge way. About a week after I arrived in Kandern last September, the video guys were returning from filming in Bulgaria. While working on design projects, I was also involved in collaborative conversations about the storyline and audio of this video. I left before it was finished, so it's really cool to see how it all came together. Check it out!
Two days ago I finally finished going through the last of my Germany photos. Even though I've had all the time in the world to do so since returning, I've been putting it off. I think I felt that if I were to actually finish them it would be like I was choosing to close that chapter in my life. But the beautiful thing is that this chapter isn't closing; it's just a book being put back on the shelf for awhile. For the record, there's not a day that goes by that I don't miss Germany in some way. The people and the country hold such a special place in my heart - they always will. As I looked back through my photos and through my memories, my excitement and anticipation for what's to come was reignited once again.
If you're interested in taking a look at the photos from my last two weeks in Europe with my mom and aunt, click here (there are far too many to try to post on this site). You'll see pictures from the Rhineland, Bavaria, the Swiss Alps, France/Alsace, castles and medieval villages. If you'd like a look at all the other photos I took while serving in Germany (Black Forest, Switzerland, France, Köln), click here.

No comments:
Post a Comment