Saturday, December 3

Great Faces, Great Places...

This post is a conglomeration of miscellaneous photographs from the past couple of weeks, beginning with the Turkey Day flag football bowl between all age groups and genders of the family small group I've been attending these past few months (a group of about six different missionary families who get together every week to worship, fellowship, and go through life together)... 





This is the village of Marzell (about a 10 min drive from Kandern) where the family small group is usually held. What a beautiful fall day for a Thanksgiving celebration...


I mentioned this briefly in an earlier post - the German waffles that are sold by the local kindergarten (as a fundraiser) at many of the festivals. They are SOOO delicious... 


This is the city of Freiburg (about a 40 min drive from Kandern). They have a really interesting cooling system throughout the city, using little canals of water along many of the streets. Wish I could tell you more about how it actually works, but alas, I cannot... 


The Freiburg Cathedral (pretty heavily bombed during WWII) along with another historical/architecturally interesting structure that I don't know the name of...


 Farmer's Market in the city. The little old lady selling the vegetables was so adorable...


And of course, another GORGEOUS selection of flowers, German style...


And here are a few more photos from Basel, Switzerland. Can you spot the Canadian flag in this picture?...



Many of the cities and villages decorate the streets with Christmas lights. It's so pretty to walk through these areas at night...






Tram wire system with the Basler Münster (cathedral) in the background...


Even though church structures are so easily seen in every city/village, finding someone who actually has a relationship with Christ is much more difficult. Church/religion is a building, a list of legalistic traditions, and a tourist destination. Many Europeans, as well as immigrants to Europe, have never really had contact with an actual Christian. That is why I want to be here.


No comments:

Post a Comment