I’m a graphic designer by trade, but I’ve never really had a desire to use design in a way that encourages others to buy things they don’t need. Throughout college, I wrestled with this concept continually because I thought that this was what graphic designers were supposed to do – make things look good even when they really don’t matter. However, God has begun to show me a different way to use design. This past year, due to my experiences with other cultures, my love for art, and the amazing journey that the Lord has been taking me on, I’ve felt a strong call on my life to communicate the Gospel in culturally relevant ways through art - to use what I know and what I’ve learned to share Truth and Light in this oftentimes dark world.
And God has placed Europe, specifically Germany, on my heart.
500 years ago, Europe was an incredible influence in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It holds that potential once again!! Immigrants are flocking to Europe, creating a mix of every nation in one location. However, Europe today is one of the most resistant places on earth to the Gospel. Many Europeans are unsure of who God is and see Christ as irrelevant. And less than 2% of the population claim to be evangelical Christians...
Since about January of this year, I've been going through the application process to become a short-term missionary for Greater Europe Mission (GEM). After about 5 months of interviews and paperwork, I was finally appointed!! Woot woot! I spent this past week out in Monument, Colorado doing some orientation and training for the field. The best thing about this week (besides being officially appointed) was getting to know the staff. After meeting them and hearing their hearts, my decision to join GEM was incredibly simple.
Greater Europe Mission (GEM) and my own vision is to see God expand His Kingdom through all the peoples of Europe to the world through discipleship and rapidly reproducing churches. I’ll be working with GemStone Media, a ministry of GEM located in Germany’s Black Forest, to create media that will effectively communicate God’s truth in church-planting, evangelism, and discipleship contexts. All of us at GemStone have a passion to see God’s Kingdom spread, and we all see a great opportunity to do so in Europe with our artistic talents in this media obsessed world.
I see so much potential in this ministry and in this vision. The more I learn about Europe and what GEM is doing there, the more I cannot sit still any longer. Please pray about partnering with me and with GEM by supporting me financially (and through prayer!) for the 4 months that I will be serving with GemStone Media. By August 30th, I need to have raised $8,795 to be sent out to the field on September 13th. I trust that the Lord might use both of us to make a difference in Germany and throughout Europe!
P.S. To meet this goal, I am praying for individuals that could provide $100, $75 or $50 per month for 4 months and others that could provide special gifts. If you'd like to become a partner in this ministry, please go to gemission.org/donate.
And God has placed Europe, specifically Germany, on my heart.
500 years ago, Europe was an incredible influence in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It holds that potential once again!! Immigrants are flocking to Europe, creating a mix of every nation in one location. However, Europe today is one of the most resistant places on earth to the Gospel. Many Europeans are unsure of who God is and see Christ as irrelevant. And less than 2% of the population claim to be evangelical Christians...
Since about January of this year, I've been going through the application process to become a short-term missionary for Greater Europe Mission (GEM). After about 5 months of interviews and paperwork, I was finally appointed!! Woot woot! I spent this past week out in Monument, Colorado doing some orientation and training for the field. The best thing about this week (besides being officially appointed) was getting to know the staff. After meeting them and hearing their hearts, my decision to join GEM was incredibly simple.
Greater Europe Mission (GEM) and my own vision is to see God expand His Kingdom through all the peoples of Europe to the world through discipleship and rapidly reproducing churches. I’ll be working with GemStone Media, a ministry of GEM located in Germany’s Black Forest, to create media that will effectively communicate God’s truth in church-planting, evangelism, and discipleship contexts. All of us at GemStone have a passion to see God’s Kingdom spread, and we all see a great opportunity to do so in Europe with our artistic talents in this media obsessed world.
I see so much potential in this ministry and in this vision. The more I learn about Europe and what GEM is doing there, the more I cannot sit still any longer. Please pray about partnering with me and with GEM by supporting me financially (and through prayer!) for the 4 months that I will be serving with GemStone Media. By August 30th, I need to have raised $8,795 to be sent out to the field on September 13th. I trust that the Lord might use both of us to make a difference in Germany and throughout Europe!
P.S. To meet this goal, I am praying for individuals that could provide $100, $75 or $50 per month for 4 months and others that could provide special gifts. If you'd like to become a partner in this ministry, please go to gemission.org/donate.
No comments:
Post a Comment